USA v. Peterson, et al.
Dr. James Hudson
Dr. James Hudson is an Associate Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and a staff psychiatrist at McLean Hospital, Belmont MA. Dr. Hudson is an author of more than 125 research papers and more than 40 chapters, reviews, and books on many aspects of psychiatry, together with more than 70 presentations at scientific meetings such as the meetings of the American Psychiatric Association, the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology, and various international conferences. Dr. has contributed to many scientific papers on the issues of "repressed" and "recovered" memory and childhood trauma. Among Dr. Hudson's recent scientific papers are:
- Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr. Affective spectrum disorder: does antidepressant response identify a family of disorders with a common pathophysiology? Am J Psychiatry 1990;147:552-564.
- Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI. Is childhood sexual abuse a risk factor for bulimia nervosa? Am J Psychiatry 1992;149:455-463.
- Hudson JI, Goldenberg DL, Pope HG Jr, Keck PE Jr, Schlesinger L. Comorbidity of fibromyalgia with medical and psychiatric disorders. Am J Med 1992;92:363-367.
- Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr, Sullivan LE, Waternaux CS, Keck PE Jr, Broughton RJ. Good sleep, bad sleep: a meta-analysis of polysomnographic measures in insomnia, depression, and narcolepsy. Biol Psychiatry 1992;32:958-975.
- Pope HG Jr., Hudson JI. Childhood sexual abuse and bulimia nervosa: is there an association? American Anorexia/Bulimia Association Newsletter, Special Research Edition. Fall 1992, p. 6.
- Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI. Is childhood sexual abuse a risk factor for bulimia nervosa? Am J Psychiatry 1993; 150:357-358.
- Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr. The concept of affective spectrum disorder: relationship to fibromyalgia and other syndromes of chronic fatigue and chronic muscle pain. Baillière's Clin Rheumatol 1994;8:839-856.
- Pope HG Jr, Mangweth B, Negrao AB, Hudson JI, Cordas TA. Childhood sexual abuse and bulimia nervosa: a comparison of American, Austrian, and Brazilian women. Am J Psychiatry 1994;151:732-737.
- Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI. Can memories of childhood sexual abuse be repressed? Psychol Med 1995; 25:121-126.
- Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr. Does childhood sexual abuse cause fibromyalgia? Arthritis Rheum 1995;38:161-163.
- Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI. Does childhood sexual abuse cause adult psychiatric disorders? Essentials of methodology. J Psychiatry Law, Fall 1995:363-381.
- Pope HG Jr, Hudson JI. "Recovered memory" therapy for eating disorders: implications of the Ramona verdict. Int J Eating Disord 1996;19:139-145.
- Hudson JI, Chase EA, Pope HG Jr. Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing in eating disorders: caution against premature acceptance. Int J Eating Disorders 1998;23:1-5.
- Hudson, JI, McElroy SL, Raymond NC, Crow S, Keck PE Jr, Carter WP, Mitchell JE, Strakowski SM, Pope HG Jr, Coleman B, Jonas JM. Fluvoxamine in the treatment of binge-eating disorder: a multicenter placebo-controlled double-blind trial. Am J Psychiatry. Accepted for publication
- Pope HG Jr, Oliva PS, Hudson JI. Can Memories of Trauma be "Repressed?" Chapter 13, in Modern Scientific Evidence: The Law and Science of Expert Testimony (David L.Faigman, David H. Kaye, Michael J. Saks & Joseph Sanders eds.), 1999 suppl. West Publishing Company, St. Paul, MN, in press.