USA v. Peterson, et al.
Daniel Brown, Ph.D.
Daniel Brown received his B.S. from the University of Massachusetts in Microbiology and his Ph.D. in 1981 from the University of Chicago, Religion & Psychological Studies. He was licensed as a psychologist in Massachusetts in 1980. He is an Assistant Clinical Professor in Psychology at Harvard Medical School and an Adjunct Professor at Simmons School of Social Work. He is the Director for the Center for Integrative Psychotherapy that includes Daniel Brown, Ph.D. & Associates, an independent association of practitioners that, among other activities, presents continuing education programs. Among his memberships are the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis, The International Society for Clinical and Experiments Hypnosis (Fellow) and the Society of Trauma Stress Studies.
Daniel Brown has written numerous papers, book chapters and reviews, including co-editing a book with John Mack.
Among his many publications:
- Brown, D. P & Engler, The stages of mindfulness meditation: A validation study. Journal of Transpersonal Psychology, 1980 12(2) 143-192
- Fromm, E., & Brown, D. The Hypnoanalytic treatment of unconscious traumatic memories and developmental deficit caused by early incest. In van der Hart (Ed.) Trauma, dissociatie en hypnose. Amsterdam: Swets & Zeltinger, Publishers, 1991.
- Ablon, S., Brown, D, Khantzlan, B. & Mack, J. (Eds) Human feelings: Explorations in affect development and meaning. Hillsdale, NJ: Analytic Press, 1993.
- Forte, M., Brown, D. & Dyaart, M. Differences in experience among mindfulness mediators, Imagination, Cognition & Personality, 1987-88, 7(1), 47-60.
- Brown, D. Pseudomemories: The standard of science and the standard of care in trauma treatment. American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis 37:3, Jan 1995. 1-24
- Brown, D., Scheflin, A.W., & Hammond, D.C. Memory, Trauma Treatment, and the Law. New York: Norton, 1998.
Audio tapes available:
- Audio Transcripts, Ltd., 3660-B Wheeler Ave., Alexandria, VA 22304
Phone: (703) 370-8273, Fax: (703) 370-5162
- Seventh Annual Eastern Regional Conference on Abuse, Trauma, and Dissociation, June 8-12, 1995, Alexandria, VA. Phase-Related Treatment of Trauma with Adjunctive Hypnotherapy...Daniel Brown, Ph.D. (4 cassettes, $85.00)
- Tapes available through InfoMedix, 1-800-367-9286
- Fourth Annual Conference on Advances in Treating Survivors of Abuse & Trauma: Multiple Dimensions in Healing, Philadelphia, December 7-10, 1995. Trauma Stabilization in the Era of Managed Care...Brown